As a non-profit agency, A World For Children (AWFC) is licensed by the State of Texas to provide foster and foster-to-adopt services for abused and neglected children across the state.
The statistics on foster care youth are staggering::
* Within 18 months of emancipation 40-50% of foster youth become homeless
* 25% of foster youth will be incarcerated within the first 2 years of emancipation
* Within 2 years of emancipation 51% will be unemployed
* 46% of foster children complete high school
* Children who experience child abuse and neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult and 30% more likely to commit violent crimes
The statistics paint a heartbreaking picture. At 18, foster youth age out of the system and face a world with limited life skills. Homelessness, crime and poverty are only a few of the devastating outcomes. It is not only a tragedy for the youth but a tragedy for our society.
We created a program to deal with this serious problem.
Launch Camp is a program we designed to inspire, motivate, and prepare our teens for entrance into the adult world. This dynamic camp aims to promote relationship building through mentoring and team building activities, prepare teens through educational workshops and provide activities to build their self-esteem.
Your donation will go directly to help fund the cost of camp. This cost includes: use of campground facility, food, entertainment, guest speakers, prizes, travel, maintaining 24 hour 1:4 staff ratio, etc.
Any amount helps! Together we can change the world… one child at a time!
To donate: Go Fund Me Page